|01. Temperance: Eat not to dullness and drink not to elevation.
02. Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself. Avoid trifling conversation.
03. Order: Let all your things have their places. Let each part of your business have its time.
04. Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve.
05. Frugality: Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself: i.e. Waste nothing.
06. Industry: Lose no time. Be always employed in something useful. Cut off all unnecessary actions.
07. Sincerity: Use no hurtful deceit. Think innocently and justly; and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
08. Justice: Wrong none, by doing injuries or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
09. Moderation: Avoid extremes. Forebear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
10. Cleanliness: Tolerate no uncleanness in body, clothes or habitation.
11. Chastity: Rarely use venery but for health or offspring.
12. Tranquility: Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
13. Humility: Imitate Jesus and Socrates.